Monday, June 11, 2012

Shapely Modesty

So, here another reality of modesty - not all "modest" clothes are modest on all women. Why? Because God made us all so beautifully different! We come in so many shapes, sizes and colors and reality is one size does NOT fit all! So where does that leave us? Here are some tips for keeping covered for every shape! 


Large Chested - It is fairly ironic I start with this because, well, this is certainly not my issue. However, I suppose that gives me a special point of view. I can get away with many tops some of my more voluptuous friends can't. Higher necklines are extremely difficult to find these days. Even so, it is not impossible. My mom once showed me the "backward tank top" trick. Cute colored tanks without tags in the back can be worn backward to give you far more coverage than if you had worn it normally. Cool tip huh? 


Nice Bottom - Have any ethnicity in you? Then you probably have some dazzling junk in your trunk. That, however, might attract a few too many lingering eyes. Focus on flowy, girly skirts! They are fun, they are beautiful, but they do not hug every curve. Dark jeans are also a necessary item of clothing - dark colors add a slimming effect. Feel like your jeans are too tight around your booty? Lucky for you, most stores sell really short really casual dresses (if you want to call them that). Putting a short dress over jeans creates a "tunic" effect that covers up your tush! 


Long Legs - Are you tall and slender? (Ya me neither haha) My sister is and she has gorgeous long legs. Problem? Short dresses. Dresses that my 5'3" frame can wear no problem are thigh-high on her figure. Solution? Maxi dresses! Maxi dresses are "all the rage" these days. They come in a gazillion styles, colors and budgets. They are super feminine and keep the "leg" issue under wraps.


Just a few quick tips on how to keep modest and keep cute :) Enjoy and check back in soon for more tips!

No comments:

Post a Comment